When I use your teachings in my classes, how should I acknowledge you and your work? Can I say “inspired by Almine …”? Is that enough acknowledgment?
- Here are the circumstances under which it is absolutely not fair, nor acceptable, to say “inspired by Almine”:
- When your class curriculum is comprised of my material, which you are interpreting and explaining.
- When you teach content using my material– a good test for yourself is: If my teachings were removed from the class material, would the information still stand on its own?
- When your students believe you originated the source material and start wondering “where do you come up with these things”?
- The acceptable way to acknowledge me and my work, would be to state (wherever it is posted online or is printed in a physical product): “based on the work of the Seer Almine, Spiritual Journeys, LLC” and give our website, www.spiritualjourneys.com. It doesn’t work for me that my website is grouped with a bunch of others when it plays such a crucial part.
Review of Spiritual Journey’s copyright guidelines
- Spiritual Journey’s copyright guidelines state to obtain approval from our office ([email protected]) for use of anything more than a few paragraphs or 1-2 minutes of audio content (a meditation, etc.) and/or music.
- Even in the above circumstances, the following must be stated and our website provided:
- “xxxx xxxx (name the source of material such as a book or online course) is the original, copyrighted work of the Seer Almine, Spiritual Journeys, LLC.
- Give our website: www.spiritualjourneys.com
- If students purchase and study a course, they are permitted to teach it to others but not to reproduce its content in entirety for their students (credit must be given to me as the originator of the material, as stated above). Only copies of instructions and tools for ceremonies are to be printed or shared with students so they can perform them. Refer students to Spiritual Journey’s website to purchase online courses.
- Yogas and Belvaspata may be freely taught, with credit to me as the originator of the work, but the content of our books is not to be reproduced in entirety. Refer students to Spiritual Journey’s website to purchase copies of our books.