It seems that it is necessary to clarify copyright rules and regulations, not only of the law, but of Spiritual Journeys’ policy. It has been a delight to Almine when the material from our shared journey can financially enhance your life. But if certain guidelines are not followed, it could set a precedent. This erodes the possibility of her producing a professional product for the benefit of her lightfamily from the same material, and opens the door to the abuse of her material worldwide.
WHAT IS ACCEPTABLE:
- It is acceptable to produce your expression of Almine’s work, such as a yoga video, for example, but you still need to obtain permission from our office in case this is in direct conflict with a product of Spiritual Journeys.
- It is quite acceptable for you to purchase and study a course and then teach the material that you have mastered to others.
In both the above instances, full credit must be given to Almine as the originator and you must provide our website (https://www.spiritualjourneys.com/) in a prominent location on external packaging of your product.
- You need not obtain permission from our office to teach Almine’s material (such as a course) as long as only the instructions and tools (wheels, equations, etc) that are necessary for the use of the material be given. Direct quotes of her material from any source (course, book, daily product such as the TIMEMAP, etc) should be limited to no more than a few sentences or a paragraph. When in doubt, please contact our business office.
- We are happy to provide certain background musical pieces created by Almine for use with approved products that you make as an expression of her work.
Per Almine’s request, an additional Copyright Guideline, added March 6, 2016:
5. All projects and/or products that contain any copyrighted material of Almine/Spiritual Journeys, LLC must be submitted to our Ohio business office (firstname.lastname@example.org) for approval prior to release for sale, or otherwise freely sharing in public or private venues, to ensure compliance with the standards of Almine and Spiritual Journeys for its use.
WHAT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE:
It is in violation of the international copyright treaty to use large or multiple pieces of someone’s original work, add your artwork and then sell for a profit.
Just giving Almine credit as the originator, in the instance of plagiarizing her work, is not sufficient justification for the unconscionable precedent that could set an example of multiple copyright infringements worldwide.
- During the past year Almine has given permission to someone in Canada to produce small, artistic booklets and to use some of her quotes with their art. She felt that the use of her written word was minimal enough to permit their production and gave permission.
- In two instances, entire bodies of work (with a few additional embellishments) were lifted from Almine’s material and sold for profit. It was necessary to demand that these products be removed from the market to avoid litigation.
- In one of the latter cases, it pre-empted the planned production of the same product by Spiritual Journeys to be released on New Year’s Eve 2016.
We thank you for your support and for not abusing Almine’s generosity.